21 Mar Kale Pear Pomegranate Salad
Okay, out with it… as natural health practitioners we LOVE kale! Not only do we love it for its nutrient density but also for its versatility. As much as we use and love kale in our everyday meals, plain ol’ kale salad can be a bit well let’s say plain. It’s what you put with kale that makes life interesting. In this recipe the interest comes from the crunch of the pomegranate seeds and the sweet flavour of the pear but the real show stopper is the Salted Carmel Walnuts from Truly Organic Foods. They make great snacks but we’ve elevated them to the Star of Show in this crunchy, sweet, nutritious salad.
Kale Pear Pomegranate Salad
1/2 C Pomegranate Seeds
1 Pear, thinly sliced
1/2 C Walnuts (we used Truly Organic Foods Salted Carmel Walnuts but plain walnuts will work well too)
2 Tbsp Olive Oil (extra-virgin)
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
1 Tbsp raw Honey
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Combine honey, lemon juice, olive oil and salt & pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients expect walnuts.
- Toss salad together to incorporate all ingredients.
- Serve on plates and dress with a sprinkle of candied or plain walnuts.
- Enjoy the crunch, the flavours and nutrient density of this scrumptious salad.